Working in sustainable tourism, Madagascar Riorio Tour will offer you a special service, focused on the community.
Working especially with the local community, we created a circuit in the Countryside, it is called “VAZIMBA tour“, literally means “Pygmy tour”. According to the history, the first peoples living in Madagascar were Pygmies, and they had a special territory in Betafo (a rural village in Antsirabe).
During the visit you can appreciate the daily life of the people in this village, the unforgettable landscape of rice field, fauna and flora very specific of the region
We work with 35 persons in the village (local guide , luggage carrier, local monitor, cook…). Now, we are on the way to create a local accommodation or Guest house in this village.
Tour composed by:
- A visit of the village;
- Visit of a crafts workshop, made by some local women’s association;
- Visit of a local astrologer called RAINIVELO;
- Visit of a panoramic best View of the Rice field;
- Exchange about medicinal plant used by local population;
- Visit of the sacred place called Aponga Vato (somes stories of the Pygmy): exchange about the taboos, typical foods of the region;
- Special evening animated by local artists, around a campfire.